|Chocolate Chip Muffins
||[Feb. 7th, 2005|11:51 am]
Sweet Little Chef
I got this in email today and I'm anxious to try it out!
Chocolate Chip Muffins
2 squares (2 ounces) unsweetened chocolate
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 1/2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 cup each mini semisweet and nonpareil chocolate chips
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 20 minutes
Makes 24 cupcakes
1. For cupcakes, preheat oven to 325F. Line 24 standard-size muffin pan cups with paper liners. In top of double boiler set over simmering water, melt chocolate; remove top of pan and set aside to cool.
2. In small bowl, mix 1 cup flour, baking soda and salt. In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Alternately beat flour mixture and buttermilk into sugar mixture. Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla extract. In a small bowl, toss chocolate chips with remaining 1 tablespoon flour; stir into batter.
4. Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake 20 minutes or until tops are firm. Transfer pans to wire racks to cool. Remove from pans.
5. For frosting, in a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and cocoa powder; blend in milk and butter until smooth. Spread frosting over cupcakes then sprinkle with chocolate chips.